On Windows, it is possible to install the new version of Mantid, and for it to fail on start-up.
Steps to fix this:
- Close any currently open sessions of Mantid (Plot or WB)
- Restart your computer to close any python processes
- Uninstall Mantid by running “Uninstall.exe” found in the “C:\MantidInstall” folder
- Next delete any files that are remaining in this “C:\MantidInstall” folder
- Now try to install the new version of Mantid.
This issue shouldn’t occur for any future releases as it is likely related to our upgrade to Python 3.
If the steps above do not help then please reply here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org