Repository 404 and other installation errors

Hi All,

I’m trying to install Mantid on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) and when I follow the directions for installing using APT, I get the message

“Err:8 http://apt.isis.rl.ac.uk bionic Release 404 Not Found [IP: 130.246.39.146 80]”

So when I try to run the apt install it tells me it cannot locate the package.

When I run the manual installation it tells me the package is uninstallable because the libboost-date-time1.58.0 dependency is not satisfiable.

I’m not super Linux savvy, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’m afraid we don’t yet have a build available for Ubuntu 18.04. We only have 16.04 at the moment.

We may be able to get a package for 18.04 in our next release but we have a technical issue holding it up at the moment.

Are you able to use another distribution?

Thanks,

Martyn

Hello,

We have been working on support for Ubuntu 18.04, but a particular issue around our integration with Paraview has caused some problems. We were hoping on including the support along with our immenant release 3.13, but this has just missed the cut off for that release. However we expect to have it fixed soon, and support should appear in our nightly builds soon.

Regards,
Nick Draper

Due to the release being slightly delayed we were in fact able to fix the issues for Ubuntu 18.04. You should now be able to follow the instructions to add the repository and install for this distribution. Please let us know if you have any problems.