We are proud to announce version 5.0.0 of Mantid.
MANTID NOW RUNS IN Python 3
Make sure you update any of your Mantid scripts that are currently written in Python 2. As a reminder this migration is because Python 2 support ended on 1st Jan 2020.
For this release we have fully migrated all scripts in the Mantid Script Repository to be Python 3 compatible.
Other highlights include:
- Waterfall Plots in Workbench
- Settings menu in Workbench, with options to set your plot preferences, such as Marker Style and Errorbar Capsize
- Brand new Engineering Diffraction interface
- Several performance improvements, in particular relating to scripts.
- Redesign of the Muon Analysis and Frequency Domain Interfaces.
These are just some of the many improvements in this release, so please take a look at the release notes, which are filled with details of the important changes and improvements in many areas. The development team has put a great effort into making all of these improvements within Mantid, and we would like to thank all of our beta testers for their time and effort helping us to make this another reliable version of Mantid.
Throughout the Mantid project we put a lot of effort into ensuring Mantid is a robust and reliable product. Thank you to everyone that has reported any issues to us. Please keep on reporting any problems you have, or crashes that occur on our forum.